Wednesday 15 August 2012

How to remove a constraint from entity framework? -


I have generated the EF diagram from the database, but I have decided that instead of designing the database and making edmx, I Draft wanted to design and generate a database from that.

However, whenever I have drawn a diagram from that database, which does not seem to be removed from me, there are constraints in it too. One obstacle is for a column that is no longer present. AMMX throws an error

Do I have any way to overcome this obstacle? I do not want to remove it from database and update with database because I've made many changes on the diagram and do not want to do it again.

.ammx file is just an XML file under cover. If bad is bad, you can edit it directly in the text editor. If you are careful, look for the Association and Association Assets which you are interested in and match the hindrance to removing those tags. Then save the file and open it again in Visual Studio. Note that if you do this, I recommend backing the file first, if you make a mistake somewhere, then you can return.

No comments:

Post a Comment