Friday 15 February 2013

Has anyone implement DITA 1.2 Subject scheme in their work? -


I would like to know if there is someone who has implemented a map of DITA 1.2 topics in his work? If so, can you break an example to show:

  • How to do this?
  • When to use it?

    I know about the principle behind this, but I still want to apply it and I want to know what things are I should be careful during the planning and implementation phase.

    An example is here:

    DITA 1.2 There is also a good example of spec (3.1.5.1.1).

    What you can do with a map of the theme plan at present:

    • Define an assortment
    • For classification in a profiling or flagging feature So that this attribute only takes one value that you have defined
    • The filter or flag element is a defined value with a det to the file. Benefit 1: Since you have a classification, so even after filtering the value of your parents, your children can be filtered, which is convenient.

      Benefit 2: You can fully define and thus control the list of values, which prevents the tag bloat.

      Benefit 3: You can reuse the map of the subject plan in the map of many topics, in the LAR DITA manner, so that you can implement the same taxonomies anywhere.

      These are currently the main uses for a map of a subject scheme.

      I've found that the only disadvantage is that I can think of other imaginary uses for topic plan maps such as Faceted Browsing, but I do not think any implementation exists. DITA-OT has nothing like this so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment