Wednesday 15 May 2013

iis 7 - WCF Service User Identification -


I am creating a .NET 4.5 WCF web service for deployment on Windows Server 2008 running IIS. I want my web service to identify users by authenticating the Kerberos token string passed through the web service. I can not use integrated Windows authentication (some of my clients are using Linux machines), so I have to pass a token string. Does anyone know how I can do the following:

  1. Generates a Kerberos token string in C # .NET 4.5 based on the current user.
  2. Validate a Kerberos token string in C # .NET 4.5 and get associate user names.

    Thank you!

    You can probably expose the service with two bindings, windows-authentication for a Windows Users and other usernames are using authentication. Is this an intranet or internet scanner? How are Linux users recognized?

No comments:

Post a Comment