Tuesday 15 April 2014

Windows Azure Cloud Service - entry point -


I created a "Windows Azure Cloud Service" project in VS 2012 with a MVC4 web roll. When I run this project, it only gives me a web page. I am trying to develop a web service back-end for my website so that I would be able to call web methods directly from my website which That is also going on Azur.

When F5 My Project Does It Give Me a Website Do I Need to Use a Worker Role Instead of Web Role?

If you put your back-end web service with your web role, you can use it directly

If you put your service in the role of a worker, then you need to open an input endpoint on the role of your worker so that it can be connected to the outside of the blue.

Or, you can create another website for your service and map any virtual dictionary / app to your web role.

No comments:

Post a Comment