Sunday 15 June 2014

.net - How to get the line number of error in Powershell -


I am trying to get the line number of the error when running a power shell script what am I currently using :

  $ e = $ _ Exceptions $ line = $ _. exception. FrequencyInfo.Script LineNumber $ msg = $ e Write message-host - foreground color red "Exception caught: $ E $ on line"   

Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not happen I'm thinking Am I doing something wrong or what can I do to make this work more consistent?

I found out what was the problem:

Instead: $ e = $ _. Exceptions $ line = $ _Application.Allocation Info.ScriptLineNumber $ msg = $ e.Message Kit Host- ForegroundColor Red "code>

It should be:

  $ e = $ _. Exceptions $ line = $ _. InvocationInfo.ScriptLineNumber $ msg = $ e.Message Write-Host - Authorization Color Red "Exception caught: $ e $ line"    

No comments:

Post a Comment