Monday 15 September 2014

c# - Tell if remote computers are online/offline -


I have a bunch of computers (windows 7 is running) at different locations in the city and I need to know that Which of the computers is online in real time since none of the computers have a static IP address, so I am unable to use normal processes for pinging computers.

My initial idea was to create a Windows service and install it on every client, then ping the related services to a central server (I have an Amazon EC2 account, which is running Windows OS) Which can keep track of receiving the last ping from each computer. A website based dashboard will then read the DB to the server and tell whether the related computers are online / offline based on online recording pings.

Now a lot of work is going on for all this. One problem should be quite common. Can anyone suggest a box solution or a similar mechanism to achieve its goal of monitoring the online / offline status of a remote solution, in which there is no static IP address thanks

One of my friends, www.no-ip.org, did not run any program on the program that he had run on his computer and he was not sure Kept the address up (for example: my_computer_1.no-ip.org), i.e. This IP was changed even then connected to your PC. In this way, you can set a proxy-static address for all your PCs and try to connect with them whether or not PCs are online or not. I hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment