Tuesday 15 September 2015

plugins - Creating themes and licensing -


I am currently building website themes that I will sell in online markets. In topics I am using jquery plugins such as flexslider and GMAP 3. Most of these plug-ins say that they are free to use, but not for business purposes. Now what does that mean?

I am not selling any plugins, I am just using their plug-ins to create and sell a theme. Is it a business objective that plugin is not allowed? Or do not they want to sell their plugins specifically?

Please tell me about it, thank you.

More than these plug-ins say that they are free to use, But not for commercial purposes. Now what does this mean?

This is completely undetermined. For example, this could mean that you have to separate them from the sale price of your subject. Just like you sell your subject but those plugins give you for free.

I am not selling plug-ins to anyone, I'm just using their plug-ins to create and sell a theme. Is it a business objective that plugin is not allowed?

> Qualify as a business objective (if you can actually make money with it or you simply take money to cover transportation costs or the cost to integrate that plugin , Then there is no financial benefit).

Or do they just want to sell their plugins exclusively?

Typically selling your plugins does not work because you do not have any special rights anyway, besides this, you need to have plugin writers address those questions as well I have underlined, the word "business purpose" remains undefined. That's why I would say that if you want to sell those plugins, then it is your duty to clearly illustrate the pattern of your usage with those writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment