Wednesday 15 September 2010

ruby on rails 3 - ActiveMerchant with Authorize.net CIM - How to Update Customer Payment Profile -


I am currently using ActiveMerchant to integrate with Authorize.net CIM. It's mostly working fine. However, I'm having problems updating customer's payment profile information (like this -)

Actually, when sending an API request to ActiveMerchant for Authorize.net, give me a credit To create a card, instead of providing only one hash, model for credit card payment details but to update a customer's payment profile, I do not have the actual value for that card , "XXXX1111 only the card number like" mask wire or expiration date "XXXX".

I do not make a valid credit card model with those values, even then what I have to do is return the masked values ​​to Authorize.net. I can not find any documents on how to do this. Does anyone else have to face this problem?

You only need to create an invalid credit card object using the masked card number. The object of the credit card will be to know that no year or month exists and use 'XXXX' for the complete end date. The object of the credit card will be invalid but it will create a valid update request.

This is the only way I can understand how this issue can be solved because the update_customer_payment_profile method wants to be able to call the 'number' method on the object, so it's a credit card or any other The object expects the 'number' there.

No comments:

Post a Comment