Wednesday 15 September 2010

oracle11g - Oracle shared memory realm does not exist -


I'm running Oracle 11 on a Windows 7 machine. This morning I have this strange problem when I try to connect to the database, then it says 'Shared memory area is not present' However, when I use the Database Configuration Assistant, select a database and click the Next Do this, retrieving 'database information'. During that time, when I connect to the database, after 'getting information of database' once in the 'Oracle shutdown in progress' message (and I do not exceed that step in database configuration assistant) I'm able to connect to the database without issue.

I used to compare environmental variables and windows before and after the services and all of it were the same.

The question is, what does 'retrieve database information' in the Database Configuration Assistant, determines that 'shared memory area is not present' problem?

Any suggestion will be useful

PS I have examined other questions related to this topic in StaxHowFlow and found nothing useful or I did not understand it properly. Please do not close this question as a duplicate.

thanks guys

I solved the issue below.

1) Select & gt; Program & gt; Oracle - HOME_NAME & gt; Configuration and Migration Tool & gt;

2) Select the Startup / Shutdown option. 4) Select the Oracle instance tab.

Select starting example when the service is started, the service is stopped, or the two are closed.

I restarted the machine and it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment