Friday 15 April 2011

how to add a dynamic date filter to Access report -


I am accessible and very new to VBA.

I have created an access database and report. One of the columns in the report is a date column and I want to create a dynamic user filter where the user can enter the date range and the query can accept that filter.

I am using Access 2013. On the property sheet I see a lookup section, where I can select a textbox, listbox or combo box. I also see a section 'input mask'. Do I need to use these, and if so, how? Do I need a VBA code anywhere?

I usually make that form in which the user can keep any dynamic information Can be added. Even if this is only one date field, then it's okay.

The query behind the report will be the date fields you use, and you can

  = [form] in the criteria! [MyFormName]! [MyTextBoxName]]   

Where MyFormName is the name of the form mentioned above, and MyTextboxName is the name of the text box that the user adds the date.

Then press a button that opens the report on the form!

No comments:

Post a Comment