Friday 15 April 2011

version - Force new install instead of upgrade in Android -


The previous version of my Android app was a beta version and soon I will release the final version. The amount of changes between the old and new versions is significant, whereas the new version offers to upgrade the SQLite database from the old version, it is still possible that a new version is not running properly as a result of the final upgrade from beta. There are a lot of changes to know if the upgrade will run smoothly.

I prefer to uninstall the old version before installing the new version. While I can request in docs, in fact, Android automatically detects the new version and suggests upgrading the user. If there is any way to avoid this, I would rather I do not really want to mess with my signed key and still want to keep my rating in the Google Play store without creating a "new" app. Is there a way to mark my app in such a way that instead of upgrading it forces all the previous versions to install a new one?

No, there is no way to do this. You should be able to test by installing the original version on the emulator, which puts some data used by your app, that is, how the user of the app can use it, then run ADB install-r this app Updates the app that retains the data.

In order to deal with the upgrade, you have to give some argument, i.e. checking the priorities, upgrading the database etc. Uninstalling and reinstalling the user and bothering the users as they will need to enter all details again.

But whatever you are asking, there is no way to do this. One option, although I still do not suggest this method, when the user launches the app for the first time after the upgrade, the app clears the shared preferences and deletes the database, and then you have the database Re-create and the app will be used like first

Hope it helps

No comments:

Post a Comment