Friday 15 April 2011

WordPress Custom Post Type and Custom Template -


I have created my custom post type on wordpress 3.5.1

Therefore, under the dashboard, The post type on the left hand side, therefore, I had a new addition under this custom type.

But I do not see any template page for this custom type.

I will create a file called archive-customtype.php which is a template page and Puts in my themes folder.

To change different templates on older WordPress, you select a

meta box from the page attribute in the template & gt; Publish custom type and page.

So my question, on this new 3.5.1, where do I select the template for this custom post type? Right now it is using the default one.

Install custom post type plugin by iLocalize They have lots of tutorials on how to post a custom post on a page can add. This tutorial is best here but I have found more WP-type websites. How to create a new page template on WordPress Organize organization and code from tutorial to page template. Hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment