Wednesday 15 June 2011

What is the best approach for a mercurial API -


I want to experiment with something similar to a mercurial client. I searched for an official API and what I found is a page that describes the API, but relies on people is very disappointed by the people. In addition, in some places, the page at the top

For the vast majority of third party code, Mercury's use of published, documented and stable APIs is: Command line interface. / P>

Is the best way to simply parse the output from various engraved commands? I'm scared to do something like this, but what's the problem in me that in the future, there will be a slight change in the production of those commands, possibly breaking my code.

Is there any other view, or do you rely solely on CLI and if you change then do you easily adapt?

Just rely on CLI. In addition, you may be able to package a specific version of HG with your client so that you have control over which version you are using. However, before you do this, you should check the results of its license

No comments:

Post a Comment