Monday 15 August 2011

interface - Start web app on Raspberry Pi -


I am currently putting together a project where my application will be a web based frontend and running on a microcontroller . To provide a friendly UI, I would like to start my app UI without any Unix screen, such as splash screen, login and showing the BIOS. It is considered to behave as an embedded system.

Since my app is browser dependent, I think I need my Linux graphical desktop environment to run in the background, but I'm running better.

What is the best OS Rasberry PI for this purpose and how can I treat it as an embedded system?

Thanks in advance.

is concerned, foreign BR

Your solution may possibly be: Currently Raspben is the most supported operating system on the piece, and most Linux Debian applications are there. The best for speed arc (but there is no GUI in the form of standard).

Then you can login to it & amp; Automatically launch in X11 and then set it to launch the web browser.

I would recommend Chromium because you can start it in a full screen kiosk mode via the command line. So it will show the command line on boot and possibly a GUI start, but the browser should be shown once it is booted.

Hope it helps - Ryan Walmassley

No comments:

Post a Comment