Thursday 15 September 2011

asp.net - Unrecognized configuration section connectionstrings. Trying to connect to SQL Server -


I am trying to connect to a live SQL Server database, as opposed to the local one for login authentication . Here are my settings in web.config :

  & lt; Connectionstrings & gt; & Lt; Add name = "scrumDbConnectionString" connectionstring = "data source = SERVERNAME; initial catalog = DATABASENAME; user id = MYUSERNAME; password = MYPASSWORD" user name = "System.Data.SqlClient" /> & Lt; / ConnectionStrings & gt;   

When I go to the security page, I am in the website administration tool I get the following error:

There is a problem in your selected data store. This may be due to an invalid server name or credentials or insufficient permissions. This role can also be due to the managerial facility not being enabled. Click the button below to redirect to that page where you can choose a new data store.

The following messages can help in diagnosing the problem: Unrecognized configuration section connection string (C: \ documents and settings \ tunnel \ my documents \ Visual Studio 2010 \ Web sites \ ZSRBlank \ web.config line 10 )

But when I check the database connection it justifies. help!

Try creating a connection string on one line, I think the line feed / location is throwing it

No comments:

Post a Comment