Thursday 15 September 2011

Change language for YouTube embed -


Is it possible to change the language of the YouTube embedded player? For example, in German to change things like "full screen", "change quality" etc?

Thank you.

How are you embedding it? If it is only with the embed URL, then you can do something like adding the parameter "hl = de" and "persist_hl = 1" to the URL. Like:

I have just searched "persist_hl" by checking the URL to display YouTube in "German" by adding "hl = de" to a "basic" YouTube page. I have not received any information about this and what is this.

Edit:

I suspect that my answer is legitimate. The "Persist_hl" parameter will change the user's cookie for the site of YouTube and will force the new language.

Edit 2:

It seems that you should not force the language anyway because it depends on the user's preference:

Answer Jeff Pausnik, who works for Google, I think this applies to your question.

No comments:

Post a Comment