Wednesday 15 August 2012

excel - How to add text with replace function and regex? -


I am working on Excel and I need to add text at the beginning of some cells.

Let's say I have the following cells:

  IO kp hu io   

I would like them to change them:

  5IO 5KP 5HU 5IO   

So I select those cells and use the function to find and replace. In the search I put "*", but should I replace it to keep the text returned * by me? This will be "5SOMETHING".

I do not think find and replace what you want to do Enough to be flexible - that is to add 5 to each cell.

The easiest way to use this formula is to create a new column and then delete the original. [ I think your data is in column A ]

  = 5 & amp; A1   

If you want you can also do this via VBA.

  sub-appendix (a) 10 ") cl = 5 & cl next cl and sub    

No comments:

Post a Comment