Wednesday 15 August 2012

java - Eclipse setup for git project -


There are quite a few questions on this topic, but now there is no satisfactory answer, for example.

I am using Eclipse Kepler (20130529-2219), with ME2 (1.4.0.20130601-0317) and Eclipse Git Team Provider (Java implementation of GIT 3.0.0.201306040240-RC3). So I started with great expectations how great is git

First of all, I opened an existing project and all SVN wastes removed and sent it to the local GIT repository. Absolutely - it's time to push the file into a remote repository. Push succeeded after having a problem with the known_hosts file on Windows.

Problems started now: I wanted to draw a change for the repository, but "... not configured for the bridge" is fine, it was discussed that this is a common issue, Must be removed and then allow to drag and drag it from the remote server.

Therefore, I am restoring everything and dragging the project. So far, I was always told that the .project files should not be under control, so I did not include them. "Import -> Import from GIT -> Local" - Menu does not recognize the repo as a Java project, so I can only import the project as a normal project or use the Project Wizard I can install a new Maven project, which is stupid because all the notifications are already present in POM.xml. If I import plain projects, eclipse does not know whether it is Java or Maven project and throws tons of errors.

Question (Exclude a Detailed Problem): What's the least weird way to import a Maven and Java project from a remote GIT repo when someone .project file does not exist?

The easiest way: in .project GIT repo and it also includes .classpath , because now you can refer to it relative path , instead of the full path: see ""

No comments:

Post a Comment