Tuesday 15 July 2014

android - Data transfering format -


I need to download some data in many files on my device. Then this data is applied to the application's local DB (this SQLite DB, although in the future it may be copied to compact sql on the winfone).

What is the best format for such files?

I'm thinking about such possibilities:

  1. SQLised db file - This would probably be easier to copy my DB. My current preference
  2. JSON format. Probably not compact enough because the column name will repeat
  3. CSV - This allows only one table to be stored, but I have to like some tables in a file
  4. XML - I do not think any prefaces on JSON

    JSON is the most popular, human-readable, easy-to-use format of all OS Many support libraries are not original, and for It's fast and reliable, without updating the app, you can easily update the data you passed (which you can not pass through the SQLite database and will be difficult with the CSV file). XML is gradually being deprecated for data communication ... but if you see some special benefits with XML (directly parse XM, which is not yet effective with JSON, for example), Go for this. I choose JSON anyway, this is the current standard and will still be for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment