Tuesday 15 July 2014

Strange validation behaviour of the charset with two html of the same template -


I have two HTML documents based on the same template. I made both of them exactly the same way and then changed the contents inside the divs. I am using DTD HTML 4.01 Transcriptional and Charset ISO-8859-15 (for Spanish language, you know accents and so on) in the meta tag inside the head. And when it comes to validation, then there is not a parse and the other, and I do not know why it complains about some accents from those documents which are present in other documents which do not receive any complaints . I find it strange, but there can be a reason.

I think I get a problem, I was just opened with a simple notepad that bothers me And once was opened, I could see that I have strange characters like â ???? or â °? My code I removed them and wrote the content properly and obviously passed the parasher, those characters with my file could not be opened with Notepad ++, so I was getting a parsing error, so for me It was weird that I did not set the encoding in ANSI in my Notepad ++, and this is probably the reason I could not see those weird characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment