Friday 15 August 2014

Upload 2GB file to Azure blob -


I have a zipped 2GB file that I want to upload to Windows Blue via my home cable connection, how long I am Should expect this file to be uploaded? Does anyone average my upload time for their files?

Also, when I create a Blob to upload a file

  CloudBlob _blob = _container.GetBlobReference ("file1");   

Is it making CloudBlockBlob or CloudPageBlob by default? I am using the code above to upload files and it is quite slow.

  cloudblock _blob = _container.getBlobReference ("file1");   

It does not make CloudBlockBlob or CloudPageBlob by default.

If you want to use CloudBlockBlob (Azure SDK v2.0):

  // "Blobb to retrieve the context blob called" Claudblokblob blob = container Gateblocksblockback ("blobb");   

Now divide your file into smaller pieces (4 MB max), and upload each piece like this:

  blob.PutBlock (blockId , MemoryStream, null);   

Where: Block Id is a base 64-encoded block ID that recognizes the block.

and memory stream A stream that provides data for blocks.



No comments:

Post a Comment