Friday 15 August 2014

csv - Handling/editing special characters in a huge file(>2gb) -


I wrote in Java and created a CSV file. Since in some areas', 'as part of the price I had closed each column with' '' (("Allen, Zade", "123", "12 road"). So my value appears in the CSV file:

"Call A Value", "Colonel Bee Value" ....

Now when I call this file a postigree (9.1) 'filename . Csv 'database using the CUPPi table' ',' CSV; I get an error: Additional data after the last expected column.

I inspected the record for which the error was displayed and there is a column in which "" "is in the form of a part of its value. >

In short, how is this:

"Christ Church of Helsawi, Christchurch of Jehovah's Witnesses", "Christchurch", "Helsov's congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses"

I'm getting this error, I'm guessing because of the '' 'inside the value in the first column.

Please correct me if I am wrong and it would be great if you can help me during your csv file, you should leave any existing quotations (to change ) .

with \" ) wrapping them in your own quotation first.

No comments:

Post a Comment