Friday 15 August 2014

vb.net - Where are application settings saved? -


I am trying to store some persistent application data so I add a setting in the project by clicking R on the select granted, qualities, then the Settings tab and manually setting the name, type, type, scope and value

when I code will drive, so I read settings like this:

lastRunTime = My settings.listine

and set it like this:

M Y.Settings.LastRunTime = lastRunTime

Where can I actually see the new setting? Because of God's love, I can not see where the setting is updating. App.config is the default setting value when I created that setting, where can I see it?

When I run the code, I update it the next time I run the app continues the new value, so I know that it does elsewhere. But where?

After

Net is something special, so it is not a guarantee that you have to give them < another program is what happens with the setting "LastRuntime" not to overwrite the stored values ​​to your program to do it in the directory to a user.config file It is hard to find back which stores. It's a crazy name

or C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Local \ WindowsFormsApplication1 \ WindowsFormsApplication1._Url_twchbbo4atpsvjpauzkgkvesu5bh2aul \ 1.0.0.0 \ user.config

Note how the name of the project is part of the path, it is a way to find it back. Name of unspeakable part of a hash , the various properties of your project that your app does not collide with enough unique and net program, created from matches even name. Like your product name, company name, exe name, etc.

Note that along with the fact that conversations are true, changing such a property, you have to lose your user.config file. So if the "LastRuntime" license metering value is of some kind then using a setting is not the best idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment