Monday 15 June 2015

In what format does Excel save CSV file when it prompts(explained in body) -


I have processed a Java program to create a CSV file that has the field:

"123", "Mainland", "Hello, Boy", "I Like" War and Peace ", .....

Now when I try to upload this file in Postgraze Was (9.1) database 'DELIMITER', 'CSV; using the copy table from' filename.csv ' I get an error: Additional data after the last expected column.

I believe that this is due to '' inside the value in the 4th column that I am getting this error.

I also know that just by opening the file excel and saving it again, select Yes for the signal: "filename.csv can have features that are not compatible with CSV Do you want to keep this format "All the necessary changes? Yes, if I work from Java to the same file (formatted by Excel in a new form), then the columns look like this:

123, Mainland, "Hello, boy", " I like "war and peace" "

This new file (after saving) has also been successfully uploaded. I saw it on a small file But my original file has 2.5 million records & Gt; 2.5 GB) and Excel can not just open it. Do you have any idea how Excel can save? So that I can apply the changes manually to my file.

Thanks

Do you see how Excel changed everyone? The single "inside the field" (dubhel) ""? I think the answer is that Excel also excluded "from fields that do not have spaces, commas, or embedded" but I do not think it makes a difference, then try to change everything "not on field borders "See" and see if it works. "

If there is no one, "the sequence embedded inside any area, then all of you" with "" and then all "," with "", but of course Does not work if there are any "", "views" within a field The question is, if a field was embedded inside, how would anyone know if this field was a delimiter or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment