Monday 15 June 2015

xamarin.ios - iPhone 4/iPhone 5 User Interface compatibility in MonoTouch -


I hope someone can help me with this one. I have an app that I'm trying to update to get rid of letterbox look while walking on iPhone 5. I've added the default 568H @ 2x.png to this project and scales the app correctly. Either the splash screen looks correct on the device, but I have a toolbar on the "Home" screen that I can not find in the right place. If I find it right for 5, then I can not see it on 4S, and if I understood it for 4s, then it is very low on 5.

Am I missing something? Do I need to manually move the toolbar at the top manually?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks

Some suggestions on using the interface builder to handle resizing Given are

  1. Take advantage of simultaneous metrics in the interface builder, as shown here: attribute inspector, simulate metrics, size: retina 4 fullscreen
    To do this, select your top-level view, and open the attribute inspector. After this, you can choose different sizes and orientations to see the answer to your idea.
  2. Select the automatic option option as shown here:
    Size Inspector, see Fixed top margin
    In your case, you want a certain margin on top, but want a flexible margin below. Note that this is contrary to the default for the toolbar because the iOS configuration tool is for the bottom part of the toolbars.
  3. It suggests that due to rotation and different screen sizes, that size can often be handled in the same way. (Thus, if you handle portrait and landscape orientation using autosizing, iPhone5 layout usually takes care of itself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment