Monday 15 June 2015

java - Error in Android's "Building a Simple User Interface" tutorial -


So I'm trying to follow with Android's "Eclipse using a Single User Interface Building" tutorial, But I'm getting two errors which are preventing my code from running

The first error is in the res / menu / main.xml ad:

Error: Error : No resource found which matches the given name ('Title' at

Line of code let me know this error Is:

  android: title = "@ string / action_settings" />   

My second error res / values ​​/ strings.xml Error: The tag string in which the item is expected

for line

   

Code> & lt; string name = "menu_settings"> settings

The entire "String.xml" file is as follows:

  & lt ;? Xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"? & Gt; & lt; Resources & gt; & Lt; String name = "ap_name" & gt; My first app & lt; / String & gt; & Lt; String name = "edit_message" & gt; Enter a message & lt; / String & gt; & Lt; String name = "button_send" & gt; Send & lt; / String & gt; & Lt; String name = "menu_settings" & gt; Settings & lt; / String & gt; & Lt; String name = "title_activity_main" & gt; Menactivity & lt; / String & gt; & Lt; String name = "action_settings" & gt; Settings & lt; / String & gt; & Lt; / Resources & gt;   

Although I have experience using Java / Alepsay, I'm new to Android and XML, so I do not know exactly what these errors mean. Whatever help you can provide, it will be appreciated! Change from string to string (lowercase ''



No comments:

Post a Comment