Monday 15 June 2015

wildcard - MySQL "Unable to connect to host [host] because access was denied." -


I am having trouble connecting remotely to my MySQL server I know that my user has a '%' wildcard Has been setup with any host, so I should have access to the server. I can log in locally with my credentials, not just remotely.

My settings in My.cnf look like this:

  [client] port = 3306 socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock [mysqld] user = Mysql socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock ports = 3306 basedir = / usr datadir = / var / lib / mysql tmpdir = / tmp skip-expand-locking # # Instead of listening to the # localhost instead of leaving the default For more consistent and not less secure # Bind-Address = 128.xxx.xxx.xxx   

And I'm connecting to the following parameters (using Coda 2 GUI - But problem cods 2s Does not seem to be related):

  Server: 128.xxx.xxx.xxx Port: 3306 User Name: sadmicrowave Password: my_mysql_password   

Full error message post :

  uslonsweb003 was unable to connect because the entry was denied. Double check your username and password and ensure that access to your current location is allowed. MySQL said: The user denied the access to 'sadmicrowave'@'128.xxx.xxx.xxx' (using the password: yes)   

I have an IP address from my server and 3306 Telnet can be used so that I know that the server is listening on that port ...

What's going on?

Did you issue after providing access to the wildcard user?

What happens if you add an entry with user = sadmicrowave and host = [your real IP] (Do not forget to issue flush, privilege order after adding the user)?

No comments:

Post a Comment