Wednesday 15 September 2010

c# - looking for a way to upload a video to youtube with jquery without postback -


I am trying to create asp.net pages that will upload a video for YouTube without refreshing / postback. I am using ASP: upload a file to upload a file to upload a file, to upload a file. In Jquery, I am trying to read the full path and file name of the file, but it gives me "c: /fakepath/correctfilename.txt". I did some research and saw safety facts while posting a video for YouTube, YouTube wants full path How should I decide? $ ('# & lt;% = FileUpload1.ClientID%> & gt;') Change (function (event)

) {warning ($ ('# & lt;% = FileUpload1.ClientID% & gt;'). Val ());});

This shows a dialog box with "c: /fakepath/corectfilename.txt". How do I get the actual route? I've read that it is impossible to upload to YouTube with Javascript, is this true?

I got the answer.

There is no way to javascript to access the full path of the file on the user's computer for security reasons. Give a path like javascript "c: /fakepath/correctname.mp4". Therefore, you can not upload a video for YouTube because YouTube wants the full path to the video file from your computer.

But you can upload videos to other servers because the full path is not required.

No comments:

Post a Comment