Thursday 15 September 2011

android - How do native libraries affect device support? -


I am adding the functionality of the database to an Android phone / tablet application that allows the database to be encrypted. I have researched many options and are currently considering.

One of my concerns is that SQLCipher uses the original code; I see that the following directories include the original library:

  • Libs / Armaby
  • Libs / x86

    I believe this means that it will only run on ARM and X86 processor systems (please correct me if I am wrong)

    So if the app only supports these 2 architectures, then does it exclude many devices Land? I understand that most mobile devices use ARM processors. Is it true?

    As far as I know, apart from Android ARM, MIPS has been placed in 86. It's easy to test your app on the X86 with the original ADD, and use the actual device on the ARM.

    I do not know about any production devices in the Google landscape with a MIPS processor, I have seen some embedded MIPSsoc to run Android - but they will not make a downloadable app.

    As far as Intel goes, I've heard a phone (Motorola?) Mention on Intel Chip, and Intel showed an Android tablet on Computes in the beginning of this month. Of course, its beauty (for the consumer) is that it will run Android and Windows 8, just fine.

    All this is to say that, at present, there is no limit, which does not support MIPS and may not be in the future. However, Android is coming to Intel, and the market will show how well it does in the next 6-9 months. (If you are reading this reply in 2014, please comment and tell how it has gone).

    Of course, you can always compile the original code for MIPS ...

No comments:

Post a Comment