Thursday 15 September 2011

c# - Hand Coding Coded UI Tests -


Hello I'm looking at using an encoded UI test (CUIT) to check an application. I have tried the recording option and it is not flexible enough for me if you use it on a different size screen then it breaks.

I know that you can take the test code in hand but I can not find a basic example, here are examples that the CUIT is used but these terms are from 2011 and I Not sure how relevant they are with the new upgrade of CUIT from Microsoft.

These tests need to be integrated with my build environments in Visual Studio 2012, so I am not using Selenium.

And the code for the sample or good tutorial is appreciated, but in particular I'm looking for an exam on how to start hand coding for my CUIT

CodePlex () The first coded UI test API project includes a project demo that you can download - App and Test. It is designed to build a CUIT test without reliance on record / playback.

The biggest thing is that if you are only going to work on a code-based basis, then there is a way to avoid dependence on autogenerated Create Object Map CUIT Recording Code-First Project Different Pages Objects are mapped to work around it - if I have to remember correctly, then I have to expand the project code to work with desktop applications.

(I am not affiliated with this project in any way - it is the only hand coding resource except CIITE which I have found, and CIITE has not been updated in a while, the last time I saw).

No comments:

Post a Comment