Tuesday 15 July 2014

html - Font Awesome & Unicode -


I'm using (excellent) font-awesome in my site, and it's working fine, if I Use this way:

  & lt; I class = "icon-house" & gt; & Lt; / I & gt;   

But for some reasons I want to use it on Unicode path like:

    

()

But that does not work - the browser shows a class instead.

How do I solve it? The CSS path is correct (the first way to use font awesome works).

EDIT: I have FontAwesome.otf installed.

This does not work, because & lt; I & gt; & Amp; # Xf015; & Lt; / I & gt; Simply asks to display personal use from the browser, using an italic typeface, code dot U + F015 does not have anything in the OSCS CSS code that will affect it. If you add class = icon-home to the tag, you will get the glyph assigned to the U + F015 in the FontNord Font, but you get it twice due to the work of the font a great move will do .

To get the glyph just once, you have to use CSS which asks for the use of the Fontue, triggering without rules, which adds a glyph through the generated content. A simple trick is to use a class name that starts with icon - but the font does not match any predefined names in the strange or otherwise used in your CSS or JavaScript code is. E.g.,

  & lt; I class = icon-foo & gt; & Amp; # Xf015; & Lt; / I & gt; Alternatively, use the CSS code which will be used for  font-family: fontwest  and  font-style: normal  to  I  element  

PS Note that personal use code points like U + F015, by definition, have no interoperable meaning. As a result, when style sheets are disabled, & amp; # Xf015; will not be displayed as any character; The browser will use its method of communicating undefined data, such as a small box, possibly code point number.

No comments:

Post a Comment