Monday 15 June 2015

xamarin.ios - Running unit tests on Mac with MvvmCross? -


Finally, I've got my Mac and tried to compile and run my project again, because Xamarin with .iOs, PCL is not supported yet, I had to replace the references to create a copy of .sln and .csproj and MvvmCross-binaries and (thanks, Stuart) works. I hope zadarina will soon provide a more elegant solution.

However, I can not compile and run unit tests on the Mac - Mono 4.5 is not installed, and I did not find the ladder. MvvmCross.Test.Core.dll So, can this kind of unit test be run on the Mac or do we just check it in the Windows platform?

I believe that you should be able to build and run 4.5 assemblies using the latest Mono 3 release. In addition, the latest Mono Alpha release should also have 'appropriate' support for portable class libraries.

Alternatively, if you want to work off the static xam release, you probably have to build your own version of a NAT4 core test assembly - there are only 2 small classes, so do so Should not be difficult -

Also on Mac testing, I know that some people also use device testing on the runner - especially for iOS where AOT compilation tool test makes it important Is obtained.

No comments:

Post a Comment