Friday 15 April 2011

php - Laravel and Database Design -


I asked this question on reddit but got no answer. I thought I would try here, instead

I'm new to Larwell, and he's going to the documents and Jeffrey is also watching Nettube video of Wayne. Although I have not got very deep yet, so if it is clearly answered elsewhere, please tell me in that direction.

I came from a CodeIgniter background, and with all the projects I have done, I usually design my database in MySQL Workbench, I also use it to change the schema, and Also as a visual map of the database. The MySQL workspace file is usually passed through the guit with other developers.

Laravel wants you to create your tables using migration, which is coming a little intuitive from the MySQL workbench side. I think the migration works as a version of the database for the control, which feels great. However, besides that, I do not get the talk yet.

Can someone explain to me why I should create tables through Laravel versus Migration facility? What is this doing?

Laravel is a PHP framework, like other configurations, such as zend, for the duration of your deployment The development will be greatly reduced, as well as developing within a framework that can be understood by other developers because your projects get bigger and you need the developers involved in the future.

Migration as part of Larjal, without the need to type any MySQL, is designed to setup a database scheme quickly and easily, this schema presents correctly. Your schema exists within a file, you can easily rollback and transport your schema.

No comments:

Post a Comment