Thursday 15 September 2011

Could I run a Rails Server and type commands to my Rails Project through terminal at the same time? -


I am typing my rail server via terminal to rail server After this, it seems that the terminal is unavailable for further orders, but I would like to run some tests without typing rake test CTRL + C with my server , Then replace it with rake trial , and finally my server with rail server . Is there a common solution for this?

I will also advise to use multiple tabs or a terminal multiplexer. Although you can send the server process very well in the background

  RAILS S & A   

This will disrupt your terminal with your log output, as long as you do not suppress the output in the form of the description. You

  Fg   

, and even see the log by typing in a different terminal by typing

  tail -f log / development.log    

No comments:

Post a Comment