Sunday 15 March 2015

Apache Jena: What is a RDF Dataset? -


I am new to the semantic web and I have a very basic question about Jena RDF Dataset. I read it from the documentation That's a collection of dataset graphs (or models in the Java API). If I see the graph as an RDF alternative for the 'table' of relational DB, can I see the dataset as 'database'?

If so, then I should be able to with TDB multiple datasets, although in the documentation it says, 'Each dataset is received through TDBFCC. Content dataset (location) is a dataset within a JVM. ' (). I also remember that the document has said somewhere that TDB does not support many JVMs. Does this mean with TDB I can only create a dataset?

This is Andy's answer to my question, thanks to Jena's user mailing list, Andy.

Hello, everyone

I am new to the semantic web and I have a very basic question about Jena RDF dataset, I have read it from the documentation that the dataset graph (Or model in Java API). If I see the graph as an RDF alternative for the 'table' of relational DB, can I see the dataset as 'database'?

Yes - of type.

If so, I should be able to create multiple datasets with TDB. However in the documentation it says, 'Every dataset is received through TDBFCC. Content dataset (location) is a dataset within a JVM. ' ().

... for the same "location" argument ...

TDBFactory.createDataset ("DB1"); TDBFactory.createDataset ("DB2");

There are different datasets

I also remember that the document has said that TDB no longer supports many JVMs. Does this mean with TDB I can only create a dataset?

The TDB is the core database engine, and when used directly, you are using in a way embedded mode.

You can use Jena Fuskeki to share a dataset among applications (like you can share an ASQL database between apps, besides this it is not HTC JDBT).

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment