Friday 15 May 2015

osx - storing kernel core dumps locally on Mac OS X -


I have identified the hang in Mac OS X, and I want to intimidate the kernel and prepare a dump I can check with reboot after gdb .

I have read about how to create a kernel dump and how to generate a non-maskable interrupt, which can force the original dump to be generated. However, the first link tells me that I need a "kernel dump server" which is connected through the network, and I only have a machine available.

Is there any way to implement the kernel dump locally stored (on the danking machine) when the system is rather crappy?

To force the kernel dump to be stored locally No, but you can use VM, such as VMware or Virtual Box and use your host machine as a dump server if it is hanging. .

No comments:

Post a Comment