Monday 15 June 2015

c++ - Does OpenGL code work regardless of what input/window handler I use? -


I am following an OpenGL tutorial which uses a fixed input / window handler (i.e., GLUT, GLFW), but I can not, due to platform issues, use that handler to separate what I - Can I use exact code from tutorial even after using different input handlers? Do I need to modify OpenCL code to work with a different handler?

This will work. OpenGL is completely anecdotal of input. It's a graphics library, and in this way, only care about graphics, including input, audio and all others, everything else is completely and completely irrelevant. is.

The only difference for you is that toolkits like GLUT, GLFW, SFML and others set for an OpenCL reference.

If you want to use any other toolkit, then it is OK, and it will probably also set your reference for you. You can use OpenGL directly, in this case, you will need to make your own reference, which will allow WGL (Windows), AGL (MAC), GLX (* Nix on X-Windows), or EGL (everything else) API.

No comments:

Post a Comment