Thursday 15 April 2010

eclipse rcp - RCP P2 Update for base productin -


I am developing an RCP P2 update.

  1. I have created the RCP mail template application. (Com.project.app.mail)
  2. I have added the product configuration file MailProduct.product
  3. I have the ORGP. Org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk added tabs as a dependency in reliance, after adding my plugin project to it, I found the Intall New Software and Update for Check option under the Help menu.
  4. I've added the p2.inf file with the following content.

    instructions.configure = \ AddRepository (type: 0, location: http $ {# 58} // localhost: 8080 / REPO /); \ AddRepository (type: 1, location: http $ {# 58} // local host: 8080 / REPO /);

  5. I convert a product to convenience.

  6. I have created a feature project (com.project.feature.mail)
  7. I added com.project.app.mail to the plugin tab of the feature. Com.project.feature.mail
  8. I launched the RCP product through the product file. It failed, I went to run the configuration, the required plugin added application was successfully launched after that.
  9. I exported the product and the exported products worked fine.
  10. I've made some changes to com.project.app.mail now.
  11. Updated com.project.feature.mail verstion 1.0.100.quailfier (formerly version 1.0.0 .colfire)
  12. Added an updated site project. Added mail feature with category code 1.0.100.qualifier added with com.project.category.mail.
  13. Clicked on all, transfered generated features, plugin, artifact and repository.exam created in a local HTC server (Tomcat)
  14. I updated to com.project.feature Tried to update .mail, check the update option.
  15. It says that no updates have been found, while updated to the new software page com.project.feature.mail update verio. In progress with the installation, it indicates that the update is possible, while the update can not get the new update.

    Please note how to provide updates for the base product.

    If you have any other information I need to know.

    Dear Priyaalank is your product (Mailpand.Product) version? The following suggestions will solve your problem.

    1. You must also change the MailProduct.product version.
    2. Re-export your product with generating metadata repository options.
    3. Use this repository on your web-server to receive updates.
    4. Software updates with updated site projects do not work so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment