Thursday 15 April 2010

regex - Find text string or part of text with dot in grepWin -


I am using grepWin on Windows 7 64

I have a folder with files and their duplicate copies.

The original files are named "FILENAME DOT FILETYPE" (without spaces), for example "cartonbox.shelf".

Copies of these files "FILENAME DOT 1 DOT FILETYPE" (without spaces), for example "cartonbox.1.shelf".

I am trying to find all the files containing the exact string:

"DOT 1 DOT FILETYPE" (without spaces), so in all those files For ".1.shelf".

How can I do this in grepWin?

If I did not get any result for ". 1 \ shelf " or ". 1 \ .shelf " example

What is my fault? By reading but can not come with the correct pattern.

How can I usually search for the exact portion of the filename in spite of symbols?

Actually if I want to find the file "garden_1.1.4-JE50.tree" in the example how do I tell grepWin to find this exact string of text, including underscore, dots, or other characters?

This file searches, files Do not search names

In the directory you want to find, you can do something like this:

  dir *. * / B / s> My_file.txt   

Then you can do my regular expression with grepWin on my_file.txt

In Unix and Linux, you can normally go through the command line Command pipe:

  LS-A | | Grep \ .ree $   

In Windows you will use

  dir * / b | Findstr \ .ree $    

No comments:

Post a Comment