Thursday 15 April 2010

Starting debugging only from a certain point in time in C# with Visual Studio -


I have a program that has a small Tetris like a game. I have a problem with my collision detector in some configurations, I want to debug it, but the game does not start in the "problematic" situation, I want to get the game in this situation and only want to start debugging. Since the collision detector runs very often, I can not put a breakpoint at a place that I will know that I will only run after the problematic situation, and the debugging process focuses on the game window, and allow me to give it Not input with keyboard.

Using Visual Studio 2012, is there a way to start the debugger shortly after, where initially it will ignore the breakpoint, and only after telling it it starts breaking on the break point To do?

Yes, you can start without debugging and then when you use the debug menu , You want to go to the state, select Attach the process when you are presented with the list, then double-click on your app.

Another potential solution is to disable the breakpoint and then when you want the state (in which you start with debugging), simply enable breakpoints with a breakpoint window.

No comments:

Post a Comment