Thursday 15 April 2010

python - Query website(that requires login information) with input parameters and retrieve results -


I'm a Noah on this, so someone can tell me how to enter a website and fill out the form and get results Can be parsed in .csv For example, a website where you enter some parameters and return the server product that best matches your input parameters. I need to retrieve the list of products along with their specifications and parse them in .csv To do this, I need to select some buttons on the webpage that look like javascript objects. I tried the machine but it does not work for javascript objects I would love to post my query in Python. Thanks!

You have two options that I can think of:

1) Figure Find out that fields generated by Javascript are named, or have their naming schemes, and submit the value directly to the form handler - also eliminate the need to deal with the input page.

2) Use a framework that emulates a "real" browser and is able to process JavaScript. There are some suggestions for the framework, but have never used anybody, I can not give any suggestions to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment