Sunday 15 March 2015

caching - clflush() in i3 or i7 processors -


Is it possible to use clflush instruction / function in the cache flush in i3 / i7 processor and check whether the cache is empty or No ?? If so - please use the correct format of use (in C or inline assembly C in C)

I was told that Clolph Core 2 works fine beyond 2 pairs of processors. I am telling this question after redirecting this question (below) ------- & gt;

One result

My results are not matching as expected; I get these results:

83 Tanks moved

66 Taken taken

Flush: Taken 52 Ticks

45 Taken Takedown

------------------- & gt; How can the CPU survive after capturing the cache? (See line 2 and 3 of the results I have found)

rdtsc is not an orderly order, because such measurement is not correct. As a quick hack, you can also insert cpuid calls to update the Clubs list:

  asm volatile ("cpuid; rdtsc": "= A "(a)," = d "(d) ::" ebx "," ECX ");   

At least for me, it changed the output to match the expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment