Friday 15 May 2015

version control - What is Git, exactly ? Will it be beneficial to me? -


I'm in love with successful text, use CodeIgniter on a WAMP & amp; A lamps (Ubuntu) machine PHP is my food, obvious CG I use CI.

Scenario I work on 3 servers

  1. Desktop - Apache MySchool on Windows 7 <
  2. Laptop - Dysfunctional MySQL (Roaming Development) Ubuntu 13.04
  3. Cloud Server - Apache. MySQL (Production) Ubuntu 12.10

    Problem >

    Everything is fine when the subtext text is open on my desktop and I am on Codeigner I'm happily building that website, but in the next moment when I have to go to bed with my laptop, everything is over. I think that lost on seeing my code on my laptop, which I have made on my desktop has not been updated.

    Then I have to log on to my desktop file server and download updates. Most of the time the entire website folder when I'm not sure to update the files comes the next database. I log in to my desktop on my desktop server from the laptop and download the entire database and update the existing one of my laptop I do

    Solution for

    I need a setup to automatically update all of my files horizontally, on both of my development server, and the production server There should be an option to replicate the changes and when I command it I did research and found that some of the Git & amp; GitHub may be my solution to some extent but I do not know that these three letters, I & amp; Mean t and how to implement them. I searched the web but got nothing boring black and amp; Explained white text, which made me hard to understand

    While replying, please note the OS on your system.

    Git version can help you with control and web site deployment.

    More information on Git

    • But I'm afraid that will read something that boring black & amp; White text;)

No comments:

Post a Comment