Sunday 15 June 2014

Blogspot API (updated-min & updated-max flaky?) -


I need to access all the posts in the blogspot chronologically. I am up to date-minimum provided by the Blogspot API and The update-maximum standards have almost to be trusted.

However, I have found that for the accuracy of these two parameters, it leaves a lot to be desired, sometimes I do query for a feed using a special update-min, But the feed will not come back in 'adequate time'. It will be less than a few posts, I am compensating for this particular problem by adding a reduction of 3 hours and adding 7 seconds to every update-minute. It is able to fix it in any way. Now the feed I receive is acceptable. I'm just thinking that this is a known issue or I am working on a simple problem more or less unnecessarily.

Thanks in advance guys, coincidentally, this is my first question here, so if this question is not fit here, or I have committed some of the major crimes, then all this was done in error.

A week later, my 'hack' is still roaming in an acceptable feed. I do not know how long it will hold. I'm still really disappointed with the unreliability of blogspot API and general lack of information related to this issue on the web. If anyone finds this Q on the Web, I would be happy to hear why your thoughts are on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment