Sunday 15 February 2015

c++ - What triggers Source Server to run the embedded command to get a copy of a source file? -


I am trying to set up a source index using Perl scripts included from Visual Studio 2010, and SSK (SDK) (In my case, Windows 8) use the strongest as source control

For Windows 8 SDK: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Windows Kit \ 8.0 \ Debuggers \ x64 \ Srcsrv

From the Bruce Dawson blog (link below), it can be located here for the old SDX C: \ Program Files \ Debugging Tools for Windows (x64) \ srcsrv


My PDBs are indexing, and manually viewing PDBs, as well as running the following commands Will remove the source files properly.

  srctool -x test.pdb   

This may be how the view is connected to the studio, but my problem Files related to local editors.

  1. If I delete a file and start the debugger
    • VS A dialogue pops up that asks me to confirm that I will run the command and open the download and the source properly and I can continue the debugging
    • If I If I edit or sync a different version of a file then it does not match PDB
      • I do not get this dialog, and as a result, VS displays "no source available" window

        from MSDN site (lowly

        There is no source code on the local machine or PDB file does not match the source code , you can not add an application Can use source server to debug

        It seems that this is the second case, VS There should be reason to run the order to get the source, but it does not work for me Case # 1 works how I expected, but before it is useful I need to do case # 2 Also, I have enabled "print source server diagnostics in the output window" and I have an error Or warnings have not been received.

        Whether PDB was indexed, should this second issue trigger a download of the source file version? Or am I doing something wrong?

        Thank you!

        Edit
        This works as I expect in the Windbag, so this visual studio

        reference:

        Thank you for recognizing this problem. We have fixed the problem, and the changes will be displayed in future releases of Visual Studio (not in the 2013 update) We hope that this improves your experience with our tools and technologies.
        In particular, we have modified debugger behavior to match what WinDbg does in this case. If we do not match the debugging temporary file on the disk, we will allow you to download the source file matched from the source server.

No comments:

Post a Comment