Sunday 15 February 2015

reporting services - Multiple Reports share same sub-report -


About 5 reports were given to me to develop, and there were two sections of them all that were similar to all reports. The rest of the report was unique to each one, so I took the same class and converted them into sub-reports, then in the main reports I added a sub-report link in the order report. I have already realized the advantages such as changing the font, and it was better than once it was 5 times better. These reports are being made in BIDS and are working fully. I then took the RDL files and imported it into the CRM 2011 product, from which they will be used eventually.

It is here that my sub-report link breaks In CRM 2011, I can only select a basic report for sub-reports. So if I set Master 1 to be a parent report for two sub's, then Master 1 will be canceled. However the subreport could not be shown with the Master 2-3-4-5 error. If I set Master 2 as a parent, then Master 2 will run continuously without 2, but 1,3,4,5 will fail?

Suggesting to reconnect the parents report in the people's report .... which is not my problem

I hope I am doing something wrong only I do not have a limit of CRM 2011.

TIA

JB

The final solution based on the Guido Priest answer

The sub-report was prepared in the CRM for which they were required. However all the sub-reports in the CRM have been uploaded from the same RDL file. One MGMant described by Guido is a bit of a pain, but that is where we are involved in CRM 2011 ....

Subreports can only have one parent, this is a limit of CRM 2011.

You can always create 5 similar sub-reports, I know that it will be more difficult to maintain, but this is the only solution (you can always create a batch file when you update all the data, the second 4 rdl file to create)

No comments:

Post a Comment