Thursday 15 April 2010

database - Rails App Movies API - Heroku -


I will use a rail Movie app API from other websites to fill potential as my database.

I'm using the TMDB.org API (I already have an API key) to remove, for now the title And Description

I remove the information from my site from the TMDB site and and lt;% @ movie.title% & gt; and and lt;% @ movie.description% & gt; The information taken will need to use Horoko in the PostgreSQL database. One question

The second question is how can I do without a method for each movie in the TMDB database

For example, instead of walking, using

  TmdbMovie.find (: title = & gt; "social networks" border = & gt; 10 ,: Vistrit_rhit = & gt; truth ,: language = & gt; "N") < / code>  

and

  TM DbMovie.find (: title = & gt; "the Dark Knight rises" border = & gt; 10 ,: expand_results = & Gt; Really ,: language = & gt; "N")   

for every movie in my database (which is in TMDB database For every movie), I will go to GET in all the movies?

And then display them in my movies : Show page

To do all of this, I used the database from TMDB.org for my rail How to get information App and display information from my movie : Show page from TMDB Movie : Show page using AAP and IN Hercules? Can a rock work, if so, what will happen?

Many thanks!

The problem you want to deal with is 2 problems.

How do I pull data into my rail app?

Yes, it can be completed with the rake Add a new rake file lib / tasks / tmdb.rake < Pre> Namespace: Working DB: pull_tmdb_data = & gt; : The environment Tmdb.api_key = "t478f8de5776c799de5a" # Setup Find a movie by your default language Tmdb.default_language = "en" # id @movie = TmdbMovie.find (ID: 123) Movie.create title: @ movie.title, description : @movie. Find Movies in # Description # Groups @movies = TmdbMovie.find (: title => Iron Man) @ movies.each do | Movie | Movie.create title: movie.title, Description: movie.description end end end

And now every time you want to populate with Timdibi your DB, you just Rake can run DB: pull_tmdb_data

What are the questions needed to draw all the movies from TMDB?

There is no shortcut to duplicate its API database, if you would like to duplicate may they be your best bet is to contact directly to Evergreen It can force movies for every possible ID, but be careful that they want to strangle you. Below is a quote from their website.

We implement the limit of a small amount. Please keep in mind that you should be above these limitations, you will get a 503 error.

  • 30 per IP per 10 second per request
  • Maximum 20 simultaneous connections

    According to the need to actually duplicate your TMDB, this value may be the price when TMDB is adding new movies to its data and fixing the errors, your database will be outdated because you have many data integrity There will be issues that will be difficult to solve.

No comments:

Post a Comment