Thursday 15 August 2013

subdomain - Does SSL non wildcard certificate work on sub folders/directories? -


If I had to get a certificate and there was no wildcard, I know that it will not work to say , Sub.example .com, but will this work for example.com/sub?

Because the wildcards are spending a lot, and I want to find my options because example.com/sub will not be a subdomain? It should be just a folder / directory and therefore it should be covered with an SSL certificate because it is on the same domain or am I wrong?

I looked online, and it mentions subdomains or other domains, it said nothing about directory or folders

Wildcard certificate is used to secure many subdomains (such as a.mydomain com, b.mydomain.com etc.)

for folders - Your certificates for www.mydomain.com have been issued at www.mydomain.com/some/folder/

No comments:

Post a Comment