Sunday 15 September 2013

N-Layer to Hexagonal (Ports and Adapters) architecture -


Alistair Cockburn introduced a hexagonal architecture, now it's called a pattern. In my understanding, the concept is similar to the n-layer architecture, where a layer depends only on the second layer through the intuitive (interface). For example, the application layer depends on the interface of many repository services, rather it is an implementation. There is no need for separate port or adapter implementation. Integration like an IOC container can inject the implementation of the repository, so adapters are not necessary.

Am I confusing these ports and adapter patterns with DIP (Dependency Injection Principle)?

Does someone point me for the implementation of ports and adapter patterns? Thank you.

I was looking for myself.

An example is an explanation that can help you and an example was given there.

No comments:

Post a Comment